Invest in Climate Solutions
Invest in a portfolio to drive climate action, mitigate climate change and adapt to a low-carbon future.
We are the first generation to feel the effect of climate change and the last generation who can do something about it.
- Barack Obama
Global warming is undeniable. Over the last 70 years, there have been unprecedented changes in our climate; oceans and atmosphere have warmed, ice and snow have melted, and the sea level has risen. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate (IPCC) has issued multiple dire warnings recently that our current emission plans are still not enough to divert the effects of climate change, but we have some limited time left to act.
Greenhouse Gas Emissions
Investing in Climate Solutions with FLIT
Why Invest in Climate Solutions?
The Climate Crisis is one of humanity’s biggest challenges today. However, we are aware of the causes and where the action is needed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and reach a net zero world. Through constant innovation, multiple impactful solutions are already available across the most relevant sectors – from energy efficiency and renewable energy generation through waste reduction and treatment to a sustainable food value chain. The investment needs are growing as the world is falling behind on the environmental targets. With an unquestionable demand for climate solutions and structural growth drivers we believe the selected sectors are well-positioned to deliver attractive financial returns besides the positive environmental impact.
There are multiple SDGs with climate goals and indicators in their targets including SDG #2 Zero Hunger, SDG #6 Clean Water and Sanitation, SDG #7 Affordable and Clean Energy, SDG #9 Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure, SDG #11 Sustainable Cities and Communities, SDG #12 Responsible Consumption and Production, SDG #13 Climate Action. FLIT is here to help you invest your resources into companies that are actually making climate action.
Waste Management Inc. provides comprehensive waste management environmental services to 20 million customers in North America. They manage and reduce waste at each stage from collection to disposal, while recovering valuable resources and creating renewable energy. With 48,500 employees, they operate 255 solid waste landfills, 5 secure hazardous waste landfills, and 340 transfer stations. They recycled over 15.5 million tons of waste in 2020. Their landfill gas-to-energy operations generate enough electricity to power 500,000 homes each year. They are recognized as a sustainability leader, winning various awards each year.
Benefits of Expert Curation
Our team at FLIT has researched hundreds of investment funds and companies, and we have curated a portfolio that we believe will help save the Earth. We have identified the main polluting sectors and selected the companies that are providing impactful solutions. These companies cover energy efficiency, water infrastructure, sustainable agriculture, waste management and pollution control among others. We provide users with transparent data on the sustainability practices of each company to ensure an investment aligns with your values. We strongly believe that this approach to investment is essential for our future and profitable.
Climate Change Solutions Beyond Investing
What can you do to take climate action?
- Calculate your carbon footprint and reduce your demand for fossil fuels
- Switch to a renewable energy provider and be conscious about your energy consumption
- Reduce meat and dairy consumption and consider more plant-based options vegetarian/vegan
- Make conscious purchasing decisions – buy local, thrift stores, and ditch single use items
- Opt for public transport, walking or cycling where you can
- Unplug and switch off your electricals when not in use
- Invest in companies developing climate solutions
How can we drive systemic change?
- Vulnerability reduction: through education, poverty alleviation, ecosystem management (maintenance of green spaces and genetic diversity), etc.
- Adaptation: through power plant and electricity grid adjustments, ecological restoration, public health services and economical options like financial incentives, etc.
- Transformation: through a change in agricultural practices, social innovations and political decisions consistent with reducing risk, etc.